Thread: Cage ideas

Cage ideas

I wanted to get some cage ideas from you guys. I'm thinking of using either a tank which measures at 48in.x13in.x14in. (LxDxH) or a plastic bin which measures at 24in.x15in.x13in. (LxDxH). It doesn't look like a huge difference to me, but I'm still wondering which is better to use. Of course if I can get a bigger size, I will.
    Another question I have is what material should I use for the bedding? Some people use wood shaving and others use fleece lining, the latter is harder to find and I've no clue where to get them besides online.

Personally, I would use a plastic bin-they are much lighter and easier to clean than a tank. I use aspen or carefresh-you can try fleece too. If you don't want to buy online and have a fabric store nearby you can make your own. You can try both and see which you and the hedgehog prefer
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

I would use a plastic bin for the reasons Ann mentioned. I would also use carefresh--you can get this at most petstores. Wood shavings create dust and are not as good for the hedgies lungs. Carefresh is soft and has no odor.