Thread: constipated hedgie

constipated hedgie

Does anyone know what to do for a constipated hedgie? I put him in some warm water which usually makes him go right away, but it didn't this time. Will canned pumpkin work and will be safe for him to eat

A warm bath usually works but if not, the first thing I do is check the water bottle and also put a bowl in there too. If they are eating dry food, they need a lot of water and the winter makes it worse with the dry air. You can try canned pumpkin or any other fruit or veggie that you know he likes.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

I got him to eat a little pumpkin last night,but nothing today I tried to force him to eat the pumpkin but he refused. When I got home from work today and checked on him he had a teeny bit of dried poop on his behind so I put him in a warm bath again and it didn't help. He usually will eat apple but just turned away from it

Okay, can you check to make sure poops have not fallen below your line of site. He may be pooping but the poops are getting covered up.