Thread: Fleece liners?

Question Fleece liners?

I would like to use fleece liners, but how would I wash it? It will be soiled, so I prefer not to put it in my laundry machine. Could I bring it to the laundry mat or something? With a hose? I am really unsure on how to wash this thing that I will have.

You want to use a washing machine and use detergent and something to sanitize like bleach or white vinegar
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information

Well, I use carefresh however have a small pile of liners in the corner of the cage with the hedgie bag for extra snuggle opportunities. I also have fleece blankies that are used during out of cage splatting time. Because of this, I have things to wash (i.e. hedgie bags, fleece blankies). Typically what I do is wait until I have a small pile of items (which means you need to have enough that you can wait a bit to accumulate items), I shake them out so there is not too much stray carefresh stuck to the items, and I wash them in the washing machine and then use the dryer (with no dryer sheets). After I do this, I run the washing machine without anything but bleach on a short, hot spin to sanitize the machine. This has worked for me. I read somewhere that a person should do that anyway--run an empty load with just bleach and a hot water cycle to sanitize the machine.

Yeah I use white vinegar like Ann stated