Thread: New Years Baby!

Cool New Years Baby!

So I have a hedgehog named Stella and another named Loxely. Well on new years day of all days I look in to feed Stella in her house and saw a pink baby! She had a new years baby! I kind of figured she was pregnant because she was gaining weight but wasn't positive. Well guess how many total she had... just the 1! I heard an average size is like 3-4 per litter. I am super happy she had such a cutie pie baby, and so is that babies future human parent. I just wanted to know how many of you that have had hedgie babies had such a tiny litter. I just think it is such a neat coincidence that she had 1 on 1-1-18 of all days. Happy New Year! Also, I don't have any photos of the baby at this time because I want to leave her alone for those first couple weeks. If I can get one magically though I will post it But I would love to see your baby photos!

p.s. this is my first post and momma is in the avatar picture.

Happy new year We have had litters of one. They are not super common. Babies usually do really well because they are getting all of moms attention and resources.
    Ann
    Connecticut Hedgehogs
    A USDA licensed African pygmy hedgehog breeder located in CT. We serve the tri-state area of CT, New York State and NJ as well as Western MA (and anywhere else you happen to be) Visit our website for more information